Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chocolate Cobbler...for real.

For Valentine's Day, I tried this delicious Chocolate Cobbler from the Savory Sweet Life blog. I can't help but share it here, because it was so very delicious. And, I'm not even a chocolate-lover. You can't serve this without ice cream though (my choice would be vanilla). It's rich, filling, warm, comforting. Today (rainy, cloudy) would be a perfect day to make it...hmmm, I wonder if I still have enough Nutella. :)

Nutella Chocolate Cobbler

*If you don't love chocolate, I would not necessarily suggest this, even though I liked it.
*I love recipes that don't require an electric mixer. This one comes together easily by hand.
*Do pay attention to the ingredients that are divided.

Ingredients:
3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
6 TB cocoa powder, divided
1 c. sugar, divided
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. Nutella
6 TB butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. hot tap water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, 3 TB cocoa, 1/2 c. sugar. Stir in milk, Nutella, butter and vanilla. Mixture will be thick. Spread into ungreased 8-inch baking dish (I used a square one). In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 c. white sugar, brown sugar and remaining 3 TB cocoa powder. Sprinkle over the batter. Pour the hot water over everything and DO NOT STIR. Bake 40-50 minutes or until center is slightly firm. The bottom will be liquidy and bubbling up through the top. Spoon into bowls and serve with ice cream.

No comments: