Here's a quick & easy appetizer for your weekend. This recipe is originally from Rhonda Roth (via the River Community Church cookbook), but Les at It's a Wonderful Life introduced me to the deliciousness. I've made it twice this week alone.
A few suggestions:
1. Make the recipe as written. Don't leave out things you don't like. For example, I don't like olives and neither does Phil, but we LOVE this dip and it would not taste the same without them.
2, Drain the Rotel but not thoroughly. You need a little of the juice for flavor.
3. Also, use Original Rotel. The first time I made it I used mild and it was a little bland.
4. Well, I'm going to go back on my first suggestion...the last time I made it I used half Pepper Jack cheese and half Cheddar, because it's what we had. It was perfect!
5. Make it ahead of time so it can thicken.
6. Eat. For breakfast, lunch, dinner...whenever the mood strikes.
Mexican Corn Dip (although the original title was Awesome Mexican Cheese Dip)
1 can (10 oz) Rotel, drained...a little
1 can (15 oz) corn, drained...all the way
1 can (4 oz) chopped black olives (the recipe says to drain, but my cans have never had much liquid in them)
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. sour cream
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
3 green onions, chopped finely
Mix it all together. Allow to set up in fridge at least one hour. Serve with tortilla chips.